The Last One

November 25, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

This will be my last email before I am home. I can't believe how fast the last 18 months have flown by. I learned faith this week. As I believed that the Lord could lead us to people who are ready to hear the gospel after multiple rejections and doors slamming in our faces we were lead to Maria. We knock on her door and she told us she had met with missionaries years ago and has a Book of Mormon. We talked to her and had the most spiritual lesson I have had here in Little Rock. We talked with her and tied the gospel into the things that she was saying. It was so incredible. We are going to go back today if we have time. 


     We had specialized training on Tuesday and I gave my departing testimony and then I sit down and like 2 minutes later it hit me that I am actually going home and I started to cry. Just like when I was leaving on my mission and I didn't think it could get any better than that it did. I came here and it did get better and I know that after my mission that as I am thrown these changes that it WILL get better. Change is part of God's plan and sometimes we do have to make those changes for the better even if it is difficult in the moment. 

     We went and tried this less active family in North Little Rock and they answered the door. First time in the last 6 months I have been here that they answered the door and the first thing he says is "What a miracle." I guess for the past year missionaries haven't gone by when they were not working and they thought the missionaries were mad at them. I have never seen people so excited to see missionaries. The Castillo family is so sweet. We have an appointment with them tonight and I can't wait to see how their BOM reading is going. 


     We went and taught this investigator Erica and she has been reading in the Book of Mormon and she is so elect. I wish I could be here to see the baptism. Saturday we went to the activity and got to learn to decorate cakes. It was super fun. We made little owls. Yesterday was the temple trip for the departing missionaries and as soon as we crossed the bridge into Tennessee I felt at home. 

     The temple was sooo amazing I hadn't done a session in over a year and have really missed it. You truly can receive revelation in the temple. As I sat in the Celestial Room I could just feel so much of God's love for me. I know that when we truly do the Lord's will he will bless us for it. After serving the Lord for 18 months I could finally ask him the questions of my soul. I know that the temple is a tremendous blessing and if you do not go regularly I strongly encourage it. Going to the temple every week before my mission I could leave all my cares for a few hours and enjoy the tranquility and peaceful solace of the temple. If you look to the temple you will never be lost. You will know where you can go to find peace in your life. You will receive revelation for those next stages of life and as you do service at the temple you will feel God's love. 

     This mission has changed my life and I came out here to give back to the Lord and now I am even more in his debt. I have been blessed beyond measure. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and his infinite and atoning sacrifice that allows us to truly start over and make those changes in our life that will ultimately lead us to eternal happiness and joy. 

     I am so grateful for the wonderful temples that we have close by and the opportunity we have to go to that one place where Heaven and Earth meet. I am so grateful for my family and I am so grateful that I get to be sealed to them for eternity. That is one of the greatest blessings of a temple marriage. They are never lost to you. I am so grateful for this gospel and it has truly changed my life... I have never felt so much peace and joy and I KNOW that that only comes from living this gospel. Estoy muy agradecido por la oportunidad para aprender espanol. 

     There is a lot to be grateful for and less keep this attitude of gratitude as we start this Christmas season. Remember those things that you are grateful for. Remember Christ and the gift that he has given each one of us. I love yall and I will see ya next week.
 
Sincerely, 

~Hermana Larissa Johnson