13 Months

July 7, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,   

     This week we met some bomb people. We went from having none of our investigators progress to finding some bomb people. We decided to contact some former investigators from the area book and we found so many awesome people. We sacrificed our miles to go to Sherwood and we found Luis... he is super bomb and we are going back to see him tomorrow. We met with a less actives 14 year old son and at first he didn't want to hear a word that we had to say and we just got the impression to just talk to him like I talk to my younger brothers. As soon as we started doing that he told us some of his concerns and he agreed to let us come back and teach him the lessons. 


     This week we met a guy who lived out of his van... he was very interesting. Hermana Dube had another close encounter with a big dog and I got a good laugh. We happened to pass by Little Rock Central High School... the first school in the U.S. to not be segregated... we totally got a picture there... We found another bomb former investigator Naomi... she is so excited to learn more about the gospel and we gave her nieces a finding faith in Christ DVD and they seriously ran inside and started watching it right then they were sooo excited... We had pupusa... a salvadorian delicacy and they are soooo good. 


     I just want to end with my testimony that I know the church is true and has been restored through a prophet Joseph Smith. I know the Book of Mormon is true with all my heart and it just makes sense. I know that God really is there and does answer prayers... I know that sometimes we have to go through the rough times but I know that the Lord has a bigger plan for us... I know the Lord has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself and sometimes I try to be stubborn and do things my way but it is honestly soooo much smarter to do things the Lord's way... he never once has done something to ruin my trust but yet at times it has been tough to trust him. 

     I know the Lord will never disappoint us. I know he gives us trials to make us stronger. I know that serving a mission is the best thing I could have done in my life... the lessons I have learned here have changed my life forever... I cannot go back to the same person I was before. I am so grateful to be here and have the Lord trust me enough to allow me to labor in his vineyard... in the bible belt... to bring people to a knowledge of the truth. I am so grateful the Lord trusts me to help build up and strengthen this teeny tiny spanish branch here in Little Rock. I am so grateful to have a wonderful companion who has taught me so much in the past 3 weeks. I am grateful to be here a be an instrument in the Lord's hands to bring about much righteousness. 

Con amor, 


~Hermana Larissa Johnson