Last Week of Transfers

October 20, 2014

Family and Friends,

     It's transfer time again.... my last transfer until I come home. I am staying here in Little Rock with Hermana Warner. Last P-day it was pouring rain so our trip to the Fair was cancelled. We went to find a less active and she was not there and we saw this guy/girl (i'm not sure which it was). Anyways... we were walking by and he asked who we are... we say missionaries and just walked by and I felt so guilty... I turned around and apologized and proceeded to talk to him about the gospel... he let us talk with his family and we found out his uncle recently died and we talked to their family about the Plan of Salvation...I know if we don't take those opportunities to talk with everyone they might miss the gospel because of us. 

     Tuesday we went on exchanges with the south hermanas and every appointment fell through so we found some new people. Wednesday we had dinner with Sister Culwell and she told us she would find out on Thursday what the doctor says about her cancer. Thursday we went and visited with sister Culwell and she told us she is going in for surgery and they are going to be able to get all the cancer. She was super relieved. She just keeps giving and giving until she has nothing left.... she is well into her 80s and she still is inviting people over to her home to be taught by the missionaries, and she also feeds 10 missionaries every single week including the night before Thanksgiving when all her family is there. She is definitely an example to me of diligence and how she keeps on going and serving even when she isn't in the best situation. 

     Friday we had specialized training... the last meeting I am going to have with everyone on the Arkansas side. It was super sad to say goodbye to a lot of the friends I have made on the mission and knowing I probably won't see most of them again. Saturday our appointment fell through and we went spiritual harvesting and talked to this woman named Edi. We talked with her and her husband about the Plan of Salvation and her husband totally understands the Atonement. He was astonished that we gave him all the information not just part of the truth like other churches. As missionaries we are here to inform people of the truth and invite them to change. A perfect example of this change is the Montes family. We had done everything we could as missionaries to invite them to change... but it wasn't until they made that decision for themselves was when the change really took place... they have been to church for the last 4 weeks and haven't missed a Sunday... they are praying and studying their scriptures and putting their trust in God. I love seeing this change in people.... this is why I am here!!!! 

     I KNOW that this IS the truth. I am so grateful to my family for all the sacrifices they have made to help me on my mission... I am so grateful for all the service of all those member doctors in Jackson who have helped provide some relief for my back so that I could finish my mission. I am grateful for my companion who has helped me learned diligence and to give this work my all for these last few weeks. I am so grateful for this gospel and I know that the joy that this gospel brings doesn't even compare. I have learned so many lessons from my mission and for that I am eternally grateful and forever changed. I KNOW that a mission does change people.... I have seen that mighty change in myself as well as that change in those people I have worked with.

Love,

~Hermana Larissa Johnson