Transfers

June 16, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

     Here's a picture of the Spanish hermanas at zone conference.

     Me and Hermana Johnson (my MTC companion) got our Liahonas today.. had to memorize a lot of scriptures for that.


     Saturday was the busiest day... we had so many appointments then the elders were on bikes and we had to fill the font and give a church tour, and call and confirm appointments before the elders baptism at 6. We didn't eat all day we were so busy. 


     It was a pretty hectic week. but Felicia called us on Monday and we had put her on pause and she randomly told us she misses us and asked if we could come over. I am almost positive Hermana Mitchell is gonna baptize that family!! It will be an amazing day!!!   

     We had a tornado warning pretty much for 5 hours on Monday. We were at a members party thing for dinner and Brother Allen told us there was a tornado in Henderson right outside of Jackson and we were on tornado watch until 1 am. It was ridiculously windy and raining like crazy but not like Saturdays with the green skies. We went straight home and waited it out. It's been really crazy with all the tornadoes and bad weather.... makes it hard to keep appointments. 

     So this Wednesday is transfers and I am getting transferred. I am finally leaving the Tennessee side after a whole year of being over here. I am probably going to be in Little Rock close to the hospital so I can hopefully get my back fixed... or at least stabilized. President gave me the option to go home for surgery or stay out here. I probably cried for a good 20 minutes during zone conference. We went on exchanges right after that meeting so I couldn't confide in my companion for 24 hours. After a lot of prayers of what to do I got my answer and I am going to stay. These last 6 months are going to be rough but I want to devote all my heart, might, mind, and strength to serving the Lord. 

     Serving here has been the most wonderful experience of my life but also the hardest. I am seriously sad to be leaving Jackson and Hermana Mitchell. We have been through heck and back the past 2 transfers and she has become one of my best friends and I am seriously going to miss that girl sooo much. I am so sad to be leaving Jackson and the people here. I hate saying goodbyes when I know I won't see the people for a long long time. I am excited to go to Arkansas though...it is what I have been praying for... to go full Spanish again and to go somewhere new. Just when I didn't feel like the Lord was answering my prayers he answered so many of them last week. I KNOW that God is real and I KNOW that he DOES listen to and answer our prayers. 


~Hermana Larissa Johnson