Year Mark


June 2, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

     It's official... It has been a year since I left and I can't believe how fast it has gone by. We are finding a lot of people and teaching a lot of lessons and this week we are focusing on working with the members and getting our investigators to progress more.  

     We found a pastor this week who told us we were in a cult and referred to the elders as seagulls... I found that conversation pretty amusing... I may or may not have told him that was the first time I had ever heard of our church referring to the elders as seagulls. He kinda walked away after that. I know how to throw it down with the bible but unfortunately people still don't accept it. The book of mormon is the true converting tool even in the buckle of the Bible belt. 

     The Book of Mormon Musical is coming to Memphis and everyone is getting ready for it.... people are going to hear a lot of anti but with it there will also be an peak in interest in reading the Book of Mormon. We also found an atheist. He openly admitted to us that his problem is that he is afraid to take that leap of faith and believe that this is all true. My lovely companion told him that what does he have to lose from taking that leap of faith... he told us nothing and then she proceeded to tell him that he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. We then proceeded to tell him about the book of mormon and how he has everything to gain from reading this book. It was a very amazing lesson. 

     One funny thing I heard this week is the Bible is 
B asic
I  nstruction
B  efore 
L  eaving 
E arth 

     I found it pretty funny. We are still working on getting a couple of families to the temple... can't wait until they go. I hope I am still here in Jackson. Not much else happened this week... still finding new people and working on getting them to progress. 

Love, 

~Hermana Larissa Johnson